New York Fashion Week in February officially kicked off last week, which means bloggers from across the U.S. flock to New York City to take in runway shows at Lincoln Center, and of course, mingle and connect with fellow bloggers. On Wednesday, February 6, I threw on my gold sequin pants and hopped on a train to attend the IFB Conference held at the Altman Building.
While IFBCon always as an entrepreneurial blogger spirit to it, this year's conference tackled issues that impact any blogger. From keys to social media success, to what brands want from bloggers and revenue streams (including affiliate marketing), the panels at the IFB Conference were chock full of industry big-wigs and uber admired bloggers such as Bag Snob's Tina Craig, Laura Ellner of On The Racks, Aimee Song of Song Of Style and my personal favorite blogger misfits who've made a name for themselves with their unique sense of self - UK's Susie Lau of Style Bubble and the one and only, Man Repeller Leandra Medine.
But what I love most about the IFB Conference is how it brings other bloggers together. I've had the chance to make friends with bloggers who I'm so lucky to still call my friends today, and meet other people who I connect with beyond the computer. I don't get a chance to see some of my blogging besties often, but when I do, it truly reminds me of why I love being a part of the fashion blogging community.
Here's some of my favorite moments and pictures from the IFB Conference February 2013!
Reunited... and it feels so good: One of my most favorite blogging buddies, Amanda of Fashionablee Me, and I mugging for the camera. Love this girl like whoa!
Serious shoe envy during the Affiliate Marketing: The Essential Revenue Stream for Bloggers panel. From left to right (for both photos): Check out The Beauty Department's Kristen Ess' black pumps, Song Of Style's two-tone pumps and Claire Sulmers Fashion Bomb Daily creator rocking Valentino heels!
The always lovely Sam of Style Of Sam and I shared our love for pink.
The woman behind IFB, and blogger of The Coveted, Jeanine Jacob. Bloggers were treated to a screening of "Diane Vreeland: The Eye Has To Travel."
Fekkai and bareMinerals brought the glam to IFBCon. Bloggers sat back and let the experts give them a new do, or try out new makeup.
Great minds dress alike... Kelly of Kelly's Kloset, myself and Annie of The Fashion Poet were just some of the lucky winners who went home with Cambridge Satchels! Evidently, we all shop at Forever 21, too.
Lulu Frost creator/founder Lisa Salzer told the story of starting her own brand, and the measures she took to make her dreams become a reality. Her story resonated with me the most - Lisa's grandmother was a huge influence on her starting her jewelry business... The name "Lulu Frost" is a combination of Lisa's nickname, Lulu, and her grandmother's last name, Frost. My grandmother is my style icon, so hearing Lisa speak of how her grandmother inspired her was really touching.
Left: How dope are these Diamond Tears headphones by Monster Headphones?! Crystallized music perfection! And speaking of perfection, my girl, DJ/blogger/artist extraordinaire Lacee Swan looked adorable in chevron leggings.
- 5 Dimes For 9 Lives: ’As If’ Clueless-Inspired Post
- Anjelais: Tomboy Aeternus: A Style Journey
- Cosmolawlitan: I’ll Pass – Some Labels Skipping New York Fashion Week
- Elegant Idiosyncracy: Confessions of a Fashion Obsessed Art Student
- Fashion Moriarty: The Fetishisation of Youth in Fashion
- Floral Mess: 5 Ways To Mix Prints
- Flounces and Flashes: Oscar De La Renta Gives Galliano A Comeback
- House of Jeffers: IFB Conference February 2013
- IFB: Amy Odell Asks Jennine Jacob & Others About ‘Finding The Next Bryanboy’
- Informed Style: Fashion Love Stories Pt. 1
- Miss City Chic: DIY Simple Tassel Bracelet
- Nothing to Wear: Dirty Thirty
- Style Curated: Shoe Obsession: A Preview
- Style Sizzle: Embrace Spring’s Fashion Trends Without Spending A Dime
- River City Chic: A Girly-Girl’s Guide to Leather
- Runway To Style: Victoria Beckham’s Lengthy Sensuality
- TLV Birdie: Live it Local #9: Black & White By Castro
- The PhotoGramps: Tribal on Trial
- Undercover Dress Up Lover: Snakes
- What Would You Wear If: …You Were A Hitchcock Heroine