photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, May 12, 2014

Top 3 Spring Style Trends to Try




You guys, it's finally Spring in New Jersey! I don't have to wear tights anymore with my dresses! To feel the sun on my skin again in such a long time feels like an awakening. And I've got the red arms to prove it after Sunday's 80 degree weather day! I couldn't be happier!


Now that I can finally dig out those dresses I bought months ago... I'm creating my Spring into Summer signature style with a couple of items that I'd love for you to try out, too!

1. The Pink Handbag
I own a lot of pink handbags... for some reason. This Kate Spade New York Bag was the first pink bag I ever purchased. - a congratulatory present for getting a new job 2 years ago. Typically, I favor a black leather handbag, but, for summer, having a bright bag is the way to go. It really stands out, and from April till about September, you can get away with wearing it. An investment for sure, but it's well worth it.



2. Say No (or at least, "Not now") to Wedges
I'm getting use to the idea of wearing more grown up shoes OTHER than wedges. I walk the best in wedges, but I see how a woman my age - I'm in my 30s - should be wearing more sophisticated footwear. So, hopefully, I'll be wearing more adult-ish footwear, and trying out traditional heels for feminine flair. These platform Madewell heels are my first start.



3. The Art of Wearing Busy Prints
This summer, I'm keeping an eye out on prints that complement my accessories in a way that lets each one stand out - and not against each other, especially florals and tribal-inspired patterns.

 This floral print dress from Forever 21 has enough going on that I don't need to do much to dress it up. It goes well with my pink handbag, and when I wear it with flats, it'll still look like I put in time and effort to put together a complete outfit together.


Floral Skater Dress - Forever 21 / Kate Spade New York New Bond Street Florence Bag / Addie Sandals - Madewell / Turquoise Ring - Forever 21 / Chevron Rings / Retro Round Sunglasses - LuLu*s / Alex and Ani Heart Wrap Bracelet

No comments: