photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, April 7, 2014

Beyond the Blog: Life Happens.





I'm not talking about anything style-related in this post, which is completely out of the ordinary for me. I struggled with the decision to write about this at all, whether or not it was too personal, but in real life, things other than fashion consume my life. I'm human, and that means everything isn't all about my bangs (or is it) or what I'm wearing. I have a life outside of House Of Jeffers that I rarely share. But I felt since this is something that affects me, and affects my blog, I'm putting it out there:


I'm having surgery to remove a cyst from my ovary on Wednesday... And I'm scared. And angry.


I'm not ashamed because it's something I can't control, but I didn't expect to be preparing for something like this right now. The one ironic thing about finding out you have a cyst is talking to other women and finding out they went through similar issues. That makes me feel better...


As for my blog, I didn't want this to become a platform about the bad things happening in my life - because everything isn't as bad as I might think it is. My blog is extremely important to me - it gives me an escape to feel like myself, and in some sense, gives me control to guide this ship on my own path without interference from things I CAN'T control - and I don't feel completely comfortable talking personal stuff on my blog. Don't get me wrong, sharing more of who you are beyond just clothing and manicures is fun, because it gives others a bigger glimpse into me as a person. But, there are some things I have to keep to myself, so for now, I'm not ready to publicly put everything out there. I hope you understand.

Who knows, maybe someday, I'll be able to let the words run out of my fingers and onto my blog and tell you what's going on. That choice I haven't made yet... 




What I will say is this: No matter how much of a planner you can be, things will run the course they choose - not what you choose for it. I'm trying my hardest to accept the things I have no control over - like this. The faster I have surgery, the sooner I can get back to normal. 


But, there's good news to all of this! For the next week or so, I'll have some fun posts from guest bloggers from the U.S. and UK! They are a wonderful group of women who are so diverse, unique, and utterly fabulous that you probably won't miss me... But please do. = )

Til then, I'll leave you with one of my favorite quotes. 


All my best,

Jen



No comments: