photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, November 25, 2013

Plaid Pairings

tommy hiilfiger shirt on house of jeffers blog | www.houseofjeffers.com

 I still remember the first plaid shirt I had. It was 1992, I was in the 7th grade, and grunge was THE look. I was still a bit of a tomboy back then, but I had a perm (my god). 

Not a traditional button-up, the shirt was a pullover and had a drawstring waist. A mixture of dark colors, royal blue and a plum purple were flanked by standard red plaid lines. I loved it. I wore it till the wash eventually had its way with the colors. 

I still adore plaid today since it's probably one of the most diverse wovens. From traditional tartan to hypnotic combinations of woven wool, I own a lot of plaid because you really can wear it with anything. Jeans, leather leggings, other plaids. And it reminds me of British royalty (one can dream).


#ootd post by house of jeffers fashion blog | www.houseofjeffers.com

Recently, Tommy Hilfiger, one of the most iconic brands in my book, opened a brand new store at my local Garden State Plaza Mall, and I was invited to check it out. The first thing that came to mind about the brand: magazine ads from the 90s, which often included classic plaids, refined knitwear and nostalgic-inspired style staples with modern appeal. By all accounts, I'd say that fits the House Of Jeffers style equation.

Besides for the store being so inviting, I loved how vibrant the clothes are. I choose these two plaids because they're enhanced by neons (the skirt) and stripes (the button-up blouse). While I didn't plan on wearing them together, when I put the outfit on, I immediately loved the juxtaposition of color. 


how to style plaid | www.houseofjeffers.com

sunglasses warehouse worn by house of jeffers | www.houseofjeffers.com

tommy hilfiger garden state plaza | www.houseofjeffers.com

I was never a catholic schoolgirl, but if I was, I'd wear this. Every day.

house of jeffers blog | www.houseofjeffers.com
 Plaid Button-Up Blouse - c/o Tommy Hilfiger USAOversized Plaid Pleated Skirt - c/o Tommy Hilfiger USA / Retro Satchel - Primark UK / Black Tights - Target / Black Suede Booties - Target / Pearl & Rhinestone Necklace - Forever 21 / Dazzling Dotted Line Bracelet - c/o Sorrelli / Extreme Cat Eye Sunglasses - c/o SunglassesWarehouse.com

No comments: