photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Headphones As A Fashion Accessory

Headphones are the new earmuffs. Don't believe me? Take a look at the headphone industry last year. Sure, ear buds are great, but headphones just look so much cooler than a white cord hanging from your head. These pink Urbanears headphones not only sound fly, but they make a perfect fashion statement for a hipster like me.



 Outfit Details
Urbanears Plattan Headphones - Urban Outfitters / Striped Dress - ShopSosie.com / Black Blazer - H&M / Knit Black Leggings - Target  / Patent Leather Wedge Booties - Modcloth / Tuxedo Collar Necklace - c/o Henri Bendel / Buckle Bracelet - vintage / Red Enamel Bangle - c/o Sequin NYC / Gold Shell Ring - Forever 21


I was pining over a pair of old-school headphones to rock with my outfits for months - in this case, the Plattan by Urbanears. Music culture has always lent itself to fashion, and I listen to music every single day at work. Combing the two is natural for someone like me since my first love was music. Can't say I had a pair of headphones as cool as these back in the 90s, though. Ever since I saw Jay McCarroll's models work headphones on the runway from Season 1 of Project Runway, I loved the pairing.

Urbanears headphones remind me of the type the guy from the Gorillaz wore. He looked cool wearing em... and he was cartoon. Oh, and if you're wondering what the Gorillaz actually look like, solve the mystery by clicking here.




I highly recommend investing in pair of headphones as a fashion accessory. Go ahead, increase your cool factor... No pressure.

No comments: