photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, March 12, 2012

The 30-Day No Shopping Challenge Is Back!

I've been bad.

I  might have went a little nuts and accidentally bought more shoes than I really needed within the last two weeks. Three to be exact. And... I also might have treated myself to something I've had my eye on for a while...

It started when I needed a pair of transitional winter/spring shoes for when the weather is too cold for flats, but warm enough not to need boots. Eventually, I found em...



These grey booties by Mia Shoes haven't left my feet since I bought em! They're beyond comfortable, look great with everything and are just adorable!

Outfit:
Blush Blazer - Gap
Striped Pop Art Tunic - Forever 21
Grey Stretch Leggings - Zara
Pampa Wedge Booties - Mia Shoes
Urban Expressions Bag - c/o
Rivet Wrap Bracelet - Henri Bendel
Purple Braided Friendship Bracelet - Madewell
Sterling Heart Bracelet - ?... a craft fair

So, to counteract my spending, I'm bringing back the 30-Day No Shopping Challenge! Last year, I was successful... but barely made it. This year, I'm upping the ante!

The rules are as follows:
1. Starting March 12, I can not shop for 30 days, or until April 12.
2. At any point, if I buy anything non-essential needed (toiletries, household cleaning items, food, etc.) I must write a post on my blog displaying my shame.
3. I can't buy beauty products that are not essential to my daily grooming and upkeep - This rule is new as I am a nail polish junkie.
4. I cannot convince Mike or anyone else to buy something for me and hold on to it for the remainder of my shopping ban - I tried this on Mike last year, and it sorta worked (he bought me a shirt I was coveting after the 30 days).

And, I'm challenging YOU! Think you can last 30 days without buying anything? I'd love to hear your progress if you take the challenge!




Let the madness begin!

No comments: