photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Monday, August 8, 2011

Where The Wild Things Are - Bronx Zoo Offers Fashion Inspiration


All right, so you may be thinking I'm pushing it posting about my trip to the Bronx Zoo, but bear with me (and pardon that pun, too).

Fashion by nature has long remained a staple. Evidently, there's longevity to this idea as trend reports continue to include cheetah, zebra, tiger and even giraffe printed anything. Even Gucci's Resort 2012 collection has been applauded for its use of zebra prints in a recent Style.com article.

Photo via Women's Wear Daily.

My opinion? There isn't an animal/floral print I don't like. The colors, tones, shapes and textures are magnificently eccentric and beautiful, and I'm all for mimicking Mother Nature's style.

I ended up wearing a recently acquired top to the zoo - and not realizing I might have looked a little too into my outing rocking an animal print. I like to think I looked safari chic. Pink on pink?. I honestly didn't realize it was pink until I threw on the shorts - but didn't mind the "matchy-matchy" ness of my outfit.


Outfit:
Animal Print Top - Forever 21
Pink Shorts - Forever 21
Gold sandals - Zara
Messenger Bag - Macys
Leather cuff - H&M

As far as fashion goes, animal prints are timeless, add dimension to your wardrobe and have endless versatility. Tarzan ain't got nothing on this Tracy Reese number.

Photo via Style.com

Create your own Fashion Jungle look! Scope out some photos of my favorite fashionable mammals and insects whose accidental, yet functional camouflaged coats make for lovely print-inspired style!


In the Butterfly Garden exhibit, hundreds of butterfly literally buzz by you in a warm greenhouse filled with monarchs and other species.
 

Why are zebra's cool? Because they have mohawks. How very punk rock.




Say it with me now... "Awe."

The zoo has a Baboon Reserve that is one of the largest in the U.S. Work that fur, honey.

No joke, this photo is NOT a zoom. The tiger laid right next to the glass as I snapped a few pics.

Flamingos are considered "supermodels" of the bird world.


No comments: