photo aboutframe_zpsec607629.png                   photo contactframe_zps7210164c.png                 photo pressframe1_zpse96fd1d2.png                  photo blogrollbutton_zps07da44d3.png

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Natured inspired looks for less

As much as I am an admirer of high-end fashion, my wallet won't let me buy everything I want. This is where thriftiness comes in handy. Many a women pride themselves on bargain shopping, most of which can be done online if you know where to look. I won't call finding a less-expensive alternative a knock-off... but just a happy medium between finding a piece you like, inspired by your favorite designers, for less money.

While my secret shopping place is probably no secret to many, Etsy.com is the spot for unique jewelry, accessories and clothing - and they support the hand-made movement.

Gearing up for spring, I'm turning toward earthy, nature and Native American-esque pieces that don't break the bank. These four make the cut - coming in at under $60 or less!

1. Asymmetrical Snowflake Stone Bullet and Pyrite Necklace by GATHERJEWELRY - This necklace, for $58, combines metal with a natural white howlite stone. Pamela Love revealed her new collection during New York Fashion Week, filled with raw and rough crystals against polished metals (http://www.refinery29.com/pamela-loves-spring-jewelry-collection-slays-us#), and I think this piece is very comparable in price and look. Also, I love how a bullet shell can make a stone look chic. 


2. Octopussy Octopus Lace Earrings by thissilk - Lightweight lace and chandelier earrings all in one - so versatile! And they only cost $25!


3. Zebra Print Racerback Tank by PrettyRaccoon - I'm a fan of anything with animals chillin' on cotton jersey for $30. Skinny jeans, I'd like you to meet zebra racerback tank. This shop houses a plethora of animal friendly printed tees!


4. Leggings with Black Birds by Malu7 - These $48 tights reek of spring.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i love the tights, what a unique design!

<3 steffy
steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

Allie said...

I really love the necklace! It's totally awesome, and definitely going on my list of things that should belong to me. :)

http://www.thevanitylair.com/